- This event has passed.
20th March 2019 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£299 Non-Academy Price £209 Academy Price
Who should attend?
This course is designed for quality engineers, design engineers, and engineering managers with limited understanding of FMEA; but who want to use the technique to reduce risks within their product or service. It is also ideal for improvement specialists who wish to avoid process risks when designing new processes, or need help in identifying improvement opportunities.
During the course delegates will explore:
- Understanding and defining functionality as a key success factor to FMEA
- Process Mapping and creating Boundary Diagrams and Parameter Diagrams
- Failure modes, effects and causes
- RPN rating
- Standard guidelines for documentation and reporting which aid communication across the organisation
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Plan and perform an FMEA analysis
- Understand the difference between a DFMEA and a PFMEA
- Structure and control the size and scope of an FMEA exercise
- Analyse and critique an FMEA
- Avoid common confusions between failure modes, causes and effects
- Identify key actions to avoid failure