Stress in The Workplace – 1/2 Day
29th January 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£275 Non-Academy Price £192.50 Academy Price
Objectives of this session are to:
- Discuss ‘stress’ at work and how it might manifest
- Understand the employer’s legal obligations
- Shift from an expectation on the employees to ‘cope’ to the employer’s obligations to design jobs that don’t make people ill
Topics covered on this session includes:
- What is ‘stress’ and burnout?
- What might the causes be?
- Why is it important to manage the issue in the workplace
- What the role of a line manager is in relation to this issue and what it is not
- What are the employer’s legal obligations?
- What questions should a line manager be asking?
- What things can an employer do?
- HSE Management Standards and Stress Risk Assessments
- What would you include in a stress/mental health in the workplace policy
- Case study examples