- This event has passed.
Senior Management Development Programme
3rd October 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£820
Oct 3rd & 10th
Who it is for:
Senior managers within an organisation who are looking to steer their organisation through the turbulent times ahead.
The Structure of the Senior Management Programme
This interactive programme is made up of two ‘workshop days’ where candidates will work with other managers to learn the skills required by the modern Senior Manager. In addition to this they will receive a one-to-one, two-hour coaching session where they can develop their individual Goals; identify the Reality of their current position against those goals, look at the Obstacles that are stopping them achieving their goals and what Options they have to overcome these; and finally identify a Way Forward to achieve their individual goal.
- How you spend your time –participants will complete a pre-course diary to analyse how they spend their working day between activities that are Urgent/Important; Not Urgent/Important; Urgent/Not Important; Not Urgent/Not Important.
- How should you be spending your time – The role of the senior manager.
- The Art of Delegation – How to free up your time to concentrate on what you should be doing.
- ‘Different Strokes for Different Folks’ – Using Belbin assessments to understanding what makes people different, and how you can benefit from that knowledge to delegate efficiently and develop effective teams.
- Linking performance to organisational strategy – How to gain buy in from staff and achieve a shared vision.
- Strategies to encourage managed risk taking – Using a proven business tool to minimise risk taking.
- Why organisations need to change – Looks at some real-life examples to show why change is essential.
- Resistance to change – Why we get comments like ‘but we have always done it this way’ and how to overcome this.
- How change affects people – Shows the process we all go through during a period of change.
- How change is accepted in an organisation – Helps you to plan and then deliver change effectively.
- Leading effective teams – The skills needed to efficiently and effectively lead a team, rather than a group of individuals
- The stages of team development – Helps you to understand what stages a team must go through if it is to become a high performance team.
- Introduction to coaching as a catalyst for change – gives a basic introduction to coaching to help candidates prepare for the coaching session.
This course is also available as an ‘in-house’ course tailored to the needs of your organisation – minimum of 6 delegates required