- This event has passed.
16th January 2017 @ 9:15 am - 4:30 pm£190
Performance Management is a process by which Managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employees work objectives and overall contribution to the organisation.
Performance Management is the continuous process of setting objectives, assessing progress and providing on-going coaching and feedback to ensure that employees are meeting their objectives and career goals.
- What is performance management?
- What is the difference between modern and traditional methods and why this matters?
- What is involved in a performance management system?
- What should an appraiser do?
- What is 360 degrees feedback programme and how can it help?
- How to hold an appraisal meeting
- How to prepare for the meeting as an appraiser or appraise
- How to structure the meeting
- What to talk about in the meeting
- What is the preferred order of topics to go through in an appraisal meeting?
- How to encourage openness
- What types of questions work best in an appraisal meeting?
- How to set useful goals
- How to motivate an employee to follow and reach their goals
- How to avoid setting bad objectives
- How to make sure performance targets are consistent with business objectives
- What is KPI and how does it relate to performance management?
- How to reduce apathy and encourage individuals to reach peak performance
- How to influence individuals by modifying their thought patters using the latest research in behavioural psychology
- What reward systems help to boost staff’s performance?
- How to rank employees against their colleagues and co-workers
- How can ranking systems fail and what should you be aware of in the context of performance management
- What is the best way to coach?
- What are the principles of learning?
- What is the best way to coach individuals?
- How should you formulate your sentences to have maximum effect in a coaching session
- How to provide constructive feedback
- How to deliver praise
- How to provide feedback on difficult situations
How to systematically help individuals to become aware of what others think of them and how they can reflect on this to improve their performance