- This event has passed.
Manual Handling – Principles and Practice
23rd May 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£160.00
- Level: 2
- Awarding body: HABC
- Aimed at: All staff
Course Description: All staff which have to carry out any manual handling activities at work by introducing them to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and the controls that are available to help prevent injury. The course, in addition, will teach learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities with the aim of reducing the number of work-related injuries associated with manual handling.
Part 1 will allow learners to understand the risks associated with manual handling and to make recommendations to manage those risks.
Part 2 will allow learners to apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks.
Subjects covered: The training programme covers the following topics:
- manual handling hazards, risks and controls
- how manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- the scope of legal requirements and where guidance can be found
- the process for assessing manual handling risks
- the value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
- manual handling techniques – lifting loads from low levels/working at low levels/lowering from height/pushing loads/pulling loads/carrying/team handling
Assessment: multiple choice questions plus practical assessment
Course Duration: one-day programme (7 hours total qualification time)
Entry requirements: None
Candidates required to provide: Note paper and pencil
QCA Accredited: Yes (Additional £25.00 + VAT)
NB: This course is also available as in-house course tailored to the needs of your organisation if you have a minimum of 5 delegates (Please enquire for details)