- This event has passed.
IOSH Working Safely V5
January 16 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£196 Non-Academy Price £148 Academy Price
Working safely is a completely different approach to safety and health training. It’s a high-impact programme designed to be fun and get people fully involved. The first-class, jargon-free content is based on what people need to know in practice, and not off-putting legal language.
Who is Working safely for?
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, who need a grounding in the essentials of safety and health. It gives everyone at work an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and does that in an enjoyable way.
Working safely isn’t supposed to turn delegates into safety experts. It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the well-being of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for safety and health professionals, IOSH
- Minimal disruption to working days and shifts – the programme is delivered in just one day, including the assessment
- Efficient and effective learning – health, safety and environmental basics are covered in a single self-contained session
- Nationally-recognised and respected certificated training for its teams
Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies help reinforce learning throughout the course. Each module is backed by scenarios from genuine work situations. The course includes interactive games and quizzes, helping delegates learn in a refreshingly informal way.
- Introducing Working Safely
- Defining Hazard & Risk
- Identifying Common Hazards
- Improving Safety Performance
- Protecting our Environment
What results can I expect?
- Greater productivity, from fewer hours lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
Anyone who successfully completes the Working safely course – and passes the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test for Operatives – can apply for a CSCS Labourer Green Card which will help them gain easier access to UK construction sites. When applying to CSCS, use your IOSH Working safely passport as proof that you hold an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment. The IOSH passport is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s training syllabus and meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training.