- This event has passed.
International Trade – An Insight Into Incoterms (1/2 Day)
17th October 2017 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£250
Thinking of Exporting or Importing?
No one knows the outcome that Brexit will have on international trade but companies that are considering importing and exporting need to ensure that they have skills to deal with any potential pitfalls, and be able to quickly recognise and take up any potential new benefits. One of the fundamental keystones of successful trade is an understanding of the importance of correctly drawn up Incoterms.
What Are Incoterms?
Incoterms rules are primarily intended for imports or exports sales of goods but they can also be applied to “domestic” UK contracts, so they are a fundamental part of day-to-day businesses in the supply chain of goods from Manufacturers to Retailers.
They are key elements of most contracts of sale of goods and they determine what the seller and buyer need to do in terms of the import/export / security-clearance / carriage of goods and crucially identify who is responsible for what risks/costs.
Who Should Attend?
The Course is aimed at all levels of staff involved mainly in international trade, including Directors / business owners / operational Managers, import and export Supervisors, Shipping clerks; also Sales staff because they should be aware of the crucial importance of getting the Incoterms right for each deal they put together; if something goes wrong with the transaction, having an inappropriate Incoterms in place can mean financial disaster and loss of Profit.
The perspective – the course is based from a Customs clearance and VAT viewpoint but all key commercial aspects are also pointed out.
- Introductions & identification/understanding of delegates’ roles and any specific areas of interest.
- Incoterms Authorities.
- Overview of Incoterms and how they apply/operate in International Trade contracts.
- Classification of Terms.
- Incoterms Rules for different modes of transport.
- What are Incoterms for?
- How are Incoterms effective?
- Rules of Interpretation.
- Sellers’ & Buyers’ obligations.
- Incoterms Guidance Notes.
- Definitions, meanings and practical application.
- Commercial / Customs Clearance / VAT Risk areas.
- Incoterms Arbitration.
- Where to go for further information/guidance.