Infection Prevention and Control in the Workplace
August 18 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£199 Non-Academy Price £139 Academy Price
Controlling the spread of infection is vital in a wide variety of workplaces. It is therefore important that staff operating in high-risk workplaces have some knowledge of the control of infection. This course is designed to provide learners enough awareness.
The qualification providers learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of:
- The common infections found in the workplace including Covid-19
- The chain of infection
- The importance of correct hand washing procedures
- The use of personal protective equipment
- The decontamination process (cleaning and disinfection)
- Waste management and associated risks
- Management and staff responsibilities, risk assessment and developing a positive infection prevention culture
This qualification is assessed by a multiple choice examination. Successful delegates will be awarded with a Highfields Level 2 International Award in Infection Prevention and Control in the Workplace certificate.