- This event has passed.
Immigration Law – The Basics 1/2 Day
April 21 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£275 Non-Academy Price £192.50 Academy Price
This session is aimed at:
Aimed at those in HR/ who manage employees. Given Brexit we can no longer ignore immigration law so this session is an overview to familiarise you with an area you might know very little about.
In this half day session Anna Denton-Jones, an employment law specialist, will look at:
- The steps an employer needs to take on recruitment in respect of all workers (UK or not) as regards to immigration status
- What does the law say on recruitment and overseas workers?
- How the current immigration system works and the employer’s role if it sponsor’s overseas workers
- Things that may happen during the working relationship that affect immigration status
- What happens if my employee’s right to be here lapses or changes?
- Can I bring in foreign visitors?
- How are things changing as a result of Brexit?
- What do I need to be doing in 2020 to support my EU employees in the UK?
- What is likely to happen?
- How can I get more support?