- This event has passed.
ILM Level 3 Award for First Line Managers (2 Days)
23rd January 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£280
January (2018) 23th & 30th
Use one of ILM’s most popular courses to help your first line manager understand the requirements of their job role, in order to maximise the performance of their team and the individuals in the team. It also shows them how to improve their own skills as a first line manager and the skills of the people in their team.
- The qualities of leadership.
- The leader – their roles and responsibilities as a team leader.
- The differences and similarities between leadership and management, and the need for each of them.
- Three different ways of leading people and their significance in managing performance.
- Behaviours of successful leaders.
- Choosing the most appropriate leadership style.
- The need to build trust in the team.
Developing Individuals in Your Team – Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace
- Identifying when training is an appropriate method to address a development need.
- Different training techniques appropriate to the workplace situation.
- The different ways that people learn new skills.
- Appropriate recording systems.
- Identify when to use coaching.
- Coaching techniques in the workplace.
- The role of feedback in training and coaching.
- How to evaluate whether training and coaching has been effective.
- How to help people put new skills learned into practice.
NB: This course is also available as an in-house course (Please inquire for details)
There is an additional ILM Registration & marking fee of £150.00 if you want this course accredited.