- This event has passed.
HR Mediation in the Workplace
9th January 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£500 Non-Academy Price £350 Academy price
This course is aimed at line managers and HR professionals working in an organisation who want to be able to deal with conflict in the workplace by offering colleagues the opportunity for them to mediate. The course is run by Anna Denton-Jones an employment solicitor who specialises in HR.
- To understand the principles behind effective internal workplace mediation and when it is appropriate
- To understand the ingredients of an effective mediation and how much time is involved
- What is mediation?
- Role of the mediator and the things it is not
- Skills required of a mediator
- Setting up the mediation
- Allaying fears and suspicions
- Establishing ground rules
- Creating the right environment
- Allowing sufficient time
- Initial meetings and issues that might arise including when it becomes apparent that mediation isn’t going to work
- The joint-meeting
- Exploring the issues in further detail and making the parties focus on the future
- Building an agreement
- Recording a written agreement
- Closing a mediation and follow-up
- Confidentiality issues arising after the mediation
You will have plenty of opportunity to discuss case studies with other delegates, share experiences and ask questions.