- This event has passed.
HR for Beginners (Delivered by a Solicitor)
10th May 2018 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£250.00
BPI understands that often this area is seen as a complex minefield that worries employers, especially smaller organisations, who would far rather invest in job creation than disputes with employees.
New to managing people or working in a business that is too small to have dedicated HR?
HR for beginners deals with:
- Recruitment and probation – what are the major pitfalls to avoid? How do we bring employment to an end if it doesn’t work out?
- What are our obligations under immigration legislation?
- The contract of employment – the basics: why do we have one, what needs to be in it and what do I need to know?
- Issues that arise during the lifetime of employing an employee: overviews of sickness absence, parental leave, discipline and grievances and performance issues
- Bringing the relationship to an end – an overview – how do we do it and what procedures do we have to follow?
- The top ten tips for dealing with people
The course is run by Anna Denton-Jones an employment solicitor who specialises in HR. She will demystify this subject, give you more confidence to understand some of the jargon that is used, the legal background behind these issues and help you to feel more confident when tackling people challenges. You will have plenty of opportunity to discuss case studies with other delegates, share experiences and ask questions.