- This event has passed.
Health & Safety for Senior Executives/Managers
February 13 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£180 Non-Academy Price £139 Academy Price
Who should attend: Senior Executives, Senior Managers and any Director of a small business.
Senior Executives safety responsibilities:
- The Health and Safety (Offences) Act 2008, means directors convicted of a health and safety offence can now be sent to prison for up to two years.
- Corporate Manslaughter legislation means it’s easier to convict an organisation for fatal health and safety failings.
There is no formal assessment for this course. Delegates who successfully complete the director safety training in full will receive a BPI certificate of training.
This safety course has been specifically designed to help senior managers understand their roles and responsibilities when it comes to the implantation of health and safety strategy.
Senior Executives need to be aware that
- The maximum penalty is an unlimited fine and the court can additionally make a publicity order, requiring the organisation to publish the details of the conviction and fine – causing a permanent dent in your reputation.
- They should protect the organisation’s profits and reputation by ensuring it complies with current health and safety legislation.
- They need to cascade the health and safety message throughout the organisation.
- They can build employee confidence in the safest standards of the working environment.
- They can build stakeholder confidence in health and safety best practice.
- Introduction to health and safety issues
- Major accidents
- The health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives
- Key legal aspects
- Civil and criminal
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Gross negligence manslaughter
- Corporate manslaughter
- Accident Prevention
- Loss causation
- Effective proactive management of health and safety
- Risk management
- Corporate governance
- Health and safety management systems.