- This event has passed.
GDPR – The General Data Protection Regulation
6th February 2018 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£250
- Data Protection in general – demystifying some of the jargon used
- What is the General Data Protection Regulation and why do I need to worry about it?
- What are the risks and why does it matter?
- What steps do organisations need to be taking before May 2018 as regards:
o Registration with the ICO
o Contracts with third parties and data processors
o Contracts with staff
o Risk assessments
o Security measures and practices
o Changes to current operating practices
- Understanding why we have data in the first place: creating the right pathway through the legislation,
- Understanding when consent is required as opposed to other pathways through
- Individual’s data rights and what that means for us
- Data Protection Notices
- The Reality vs the Hype: what is really likely to happen
This session is suitable for those who might be feeling a bit daunted at the words ‘data protection’ who know they need to think about this but have been put off before. It is also suitable for those who are more knowledgeable who need to understand what is changing.