- This event has passed.
Finance for Non Finance People
4th December 2018 @ 9:15 am - 4:00 pm£199 Non-Academy Price £139 Academy Price
Every Manager needs to understand finance if they are to play an active role in helping their organisation achieve its objectives.
The purpose of this 1-day course is to lift the veil on the ‘Black Art’ of Financial Management. It demystifies the language of finance, explaining in simple terms, the importance of good financial control and how to read and use financial information to help contribute more effectively to business success.
This is a blended learning course that uses a small amount of pre-course reading to ensure that the ‘classroom day’ focuses on practising putting newly learned skills into practice.
- Balance sheet, profit & loss account
- Financial information and its value for management
- Financial measures used to monitor business/organisational performance
- Profit and cash flow forecasting and credit control
- Sources of finance/funding and their characteristics
- Source documents in accounting (invoices, etc.)
- Performance indicators and their role in achieving objectives
- Range of stakeholders and their various expectations
- Methods of preparing budgets
- Budgetary techniques for controlling operations
- How variances are calculated and used to analyse extent, source and cause of budgetary deviation
Techniques for monitoring and controlling costs