- This event has passed.
Employment Law Tax Changes (1/2 Day)
16th August 2018 @ 9:15 am - 1:00 pm£250 Non-Academy Price £175 Academy Price
Who is the course for?
Anyone working in finance processing payments and anyone working in HR needs to get to grips with these changes.
This year heralds a major change in taxation in relation to notice pay which has lots of implications for the way in which we operate especially around settlement agreements and tax-free payments. Anyone working in finance processing payments and anyone working in HR needs to get to grips with these changes.
In this session, our specialist employment lawyer will walk you through the new rules with worked examples to make everything clear. She will also share recent case law that might affect the drafting of your agreement or the way in which you conduct protected conversations and tips from her experience when drafting and negotiating settlement agreements.
- How the Corporate Finances Act affects how we behave in finance and HR
- What organisations need to do to comply
- The Old tax position on payments in lieu of notice and the risks employers sometimes took
- Areas employers sometimes got wrong
- The new tax position on Post Employment Notice Payments
- The formula and how it works
- The effect on settlement payments and costs to business
- What happens if we dismiss someone for gross misconduct?
- What do we need to do differently?
- Future changes in 2019 and preparing for those